Welcome to my personal blog!
Hello there! I am a Data Scientist with over 9 years of broad-based experience in data analysis, machine learning, and statistical modeling. In recent years, I worked in mobility, finance, marketing, consulting, and IT. For the first four years, I worked as an engineer in data-related jobs for the Oil & Gas, Retail, and Supply Chain Management industries. I have successfully coded various Applied Math techniques, including ML and AI models, to solve real-life problems. Skilled in leveraging large, complex data sets to uncover patterns, trends, and insights to drive business decisions. Proficient python coder. I am deeply interested in solving the world’s most pressing problems in which my T-shaped skills could unlock tremendous value. Proven track record of successfully developing and deploying high-performance data-driven solutions.
I am currently working at AHOY on the intersection of Operation Research and Machine Learning to solve combinatorial optimization problems related to mobility.
Since 2011, I have been solving problems with applied math techniques in a wide range of industries:
- Oil & Gas (e.g., ODL, HOCOL, OCENSA, Wood, Ecopetrol, CENIT)
- Finance (e.g., Imperial Finance, Rehinged).
- Wealth Management (e.g., Gestores de Inversión).
- Chemicals (e.g., Ineos)
- Industrials (e.g., Argos, Wood).
- Consulting (e.g., DecisionWare, Do-Analytics, Wood).
- Biology (e.g., Biology - Protein Folding (Spanish))
- Chemical Engineering (e.g., Research on Reactive Batch Distillation)
- Retail (e.g., TecnoQuímicas).
- Supply Chain Management (e.g., TecnoQuímicas).
- Marketing (e.g., Mostaza, Iván Duque 2018-2022).
- Agriculture (e.g., Premex, Asimetrix).
- Politics (e.g., Departamento Administrativo de la Presidencia de la República).
- Policymaking (e.g., Departamento Nacional de Planeación).
- Information Technologies (e.g., Globant).
- Trading (e.g., Trading Enigma and iBLOXX Capital AG).
I majored in Chemical Engineering (Check my graduate project here! (Spanish)) with a minor in Applied Math at the Universidad de los Andes in Bogotá, Colombia. I also did a Master in Chemical Engineering at the same University (Check my thesis here! (Spanish)) I worked as a Process Engineer for about 4 years, and then I made a career change as a full-time Data Scientist.